YOUR PRIVACY IS SAFE
Jade Payments are committed to protecting the privacy / security of individuals' personal information.
Our personal information handling practices comply with Canada's privacy legislation, such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act ("PIPEDA"). In this regard, privacy legislation specifies a code of conduct for private sector organizations ensuring that personal information is handled appropriately in observance of internationally recognized privacy principles.
Jade Payments may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we may collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
To establish and maintain reasonable commercial relations with customers to provide ongoing services associated with prepaid cards.
For example, when an individual applies for a prepaid card product from Jade Payments or Jade Payments card program partners, Jade Payments collects Personal Information to validate the individual's identity.
To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
For example, Jade Payments may be required to disclose and/or retain Personal Information that was collected to satisfy legislative requirements, such as the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.